FordOptions is ideal for customers who want to renew their car more often, as it provides a simple way for you to get your next Ford. Since its launch in 1992, more than seven hundred thousand Ford customers have financed their vehicles with FordOptions.
FordOptions offers you:
- The opportunity to enjoy a new Ford more often.
- The assurance of a pre-agreed Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) and so protection from any unexpected fall in used car prices.
- Reduced exposure to major service and repair bills.
- Flexibility at the end of the agreement.
Here’s how FordOptions works:
- Select the Ford you want, and then estimate your annual mileage.
- Ford Credit set today the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) that your car will be worth at the end of the agreement period*.
- The GMFV plus your deposit** is deducted from the price of your chosen Ford leaving the balance.
- Your repayments are based on the balance, plus interest on this balance and on the GMFV.
- Once our customer service centre has agreed and activated the agreement you can drive away your Ford.
Choose from three options at the end of the agreement
Option one – choose a new car
Return to OMCford and choose a new car, using any excess value over the GMFV (optional final payment) towards your deposit on your next Ford. You can trade-in your old car, alternatively you can sell your car privately, having settled your account, and use any excess monies towards your next car.
Option two – return the car
If you wish to return your car at the end of the FordOptions agreement , OMCford will carry out a vehicle appraisal. You will have nothing further to pay, provided that the car is found to be in good condition and that the agreed mileage has not been exceeded.
Option three – keep the car
If you wish to keep the car, simply pay the GMFV (optional final payment) amount and ensure that all other payments due under the agreement are up-to-date and the vehicle is yours. Ford Credit and OMCford can arrange finance for the GMFV (optional final payment) amount if you wish.
*Subject to a minimum 24 month and maximum 36 month term.
**Subject to a maximum deposit of 35%.
Q: What’s unique about FordOptions?
A: It differs from traditional finance because it gives you greater flexibility. In addition FordOptions payments are typically lower the FordAcquire, as your payments are only based on part of the car’s price.
Q: Is FordOptions only available on new Ford cars?
A: No. Selected used Ford cars are also available, subject to certain conditions.
Q: Why do I need to estimate my annual mileage?
A: We ask you to select an annual mileage band in order to more accurately predict the minimum value of your car at the end of your agreement.
Q: Why do I need to keep the car in good condition?
A: The better the condition of your car at the end of the agreement, the more it will be worth. We will provide you with full details when you take out your FordOptions agreement.
Q: How do I get into my next Ford?
A: We will contact you prior to the end of your agreement to remind you of your 3 options and inform you of our latest promotions.
Q: I’m interested. How do I find out more?
A: OMCford will be pleased to explain the current promotions and help you with any queries you might have.