This Privacy Notice explains in detail the personal data we may collect about you when you interact with OMC Motor Group. We will explain how we use, store, maintain, protect the personal data we have received from you.
OMC Motor Group are a multi-dealership franchise dealer group based in Oldham, Rochdale and Accrington. Our registered head office is 1 Manchester Road, Werneth, Oldham OL8 4AU.
The business operates Ford and Kia franchises.
The personal data we collect and process on you.
When you interact with us, such as when you purchase a vehicle, parts or services, you may provide us with personal information about you, such as your name, address, gender, date of birth, telephone number(s), email address(s), social media user name(s) if you communicated with us via that medium, your comments & reviews via review website(s), occupation or job title, payment and financial information, including bank details, information about your vehicle including service history and your Motability details.
You may also need to provide us with a copy of identification documents such as your passport, driving licence and/or a utility bill. These documents will include additional personal information about you such as (depending on the nature of the document) your nationality, place of birth, photograph and passport / driving licence number.
To ensure the safety of our staff, customers and suppliers and to protect our business assets, we use CCTV at each of our business locations. This would mean you may appear in CCTV footage if you attended one of our branches.
If you contact us via telephone, we may use a telephone system which records the calls to improve our service to you through training and quality improvements. The system also provides clearness on previous conversations between you and our staff to assist with any products or services we provide.
What we use your Information for
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
* To contact you with important information regarding our obligations to you in respect to current or past orders or requests you have placed with us, such as:
Vehicle order information;
Finance application updates;
Test drives; and
Appointments with staff.
* To comply fully with applicable UK and EU law, such as Anti-Money Laundering regulations, HMRC regulations, DVLA procedures and other legal record keeping purposes.
* To satisfy our duty of care to you and protect your vital interests by informing you of vehicle recall information, safety information and to protect your identity from fraud.
* To provide you with the latest offers, discounts and information on customer events.
* To process finance applications, either through our own finance company or to third party finance providers.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
For processing your personal data, we rely on the following legal bases:
* Contractual Obligation – This is where we use your personal data in order to satisfy our contract with you, such as arranging a vehicle collection or using a credit reference agency.
* Legal Obligation – This is where we must supply an appropriate body with your information, such as Police information requests.
* Vital Interest – This is where would need to provide personal information where necessary to protect someone’s life.
* Public task – This is where we would need to process your personal information to perform a task in the public’s interest or for official functions.
* Vital Interest – As stated previous, this is where we believe we would be acting in your best and upmost interests, for example,where there has been a safety notice issued on a vehicle which we have either supplied to you or have worked on for you, we would aim to get in touch with you to advise.
* Consent – This is where you give positive intention to agree to us contacting you, such as applying for a job on our website, to enable us to come back in contact with you. You can withdraw consent at any time via contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Legitimate Interest – please see the next paragraph below.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:* OMC Motor Group use the legitimate basis for processing your data in relation to outbound communications. OMC Motor Group believe that we have appropriate and sufficient safeguards as well as working closely aligned to your expectations as a customer. OMC Motor Group believes the communications are beneficial for all parties involved.* Examples of personal data processing under Legitimate Interest basis:
Refining the accuracy of the information we have collected on you to improve our services to you;
To protect your personal information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
To comply with a request from you regarding the exercise of your rights;
To inform you of an update to our terms and conditions and policies;
Carrying out checks to prevent fraud to protect us from dishonest activity;
Reminding you about vehicle services and MOTs which are due to ensure (where applicable) the continued validity of any warranty, that your vehicle remains safe and legal to drive and to maintain our customer relationship with you;
Advising you of your options during and at the end of a finance agreement;
Operating a CCTV system on our premises to protect the safety and security of our staff and assets;
Storing phone call recordings and other communications and queries received from you for both quality improvement and staff training purposes.
* If you disagree, you can object to any of our communications by exercising your right to object to the processing above by contacting us.
OMC Motor Group is registered with the ICO, registration number Z6094472.
You have rights regarding your personal information, including the right in certain circumstances to access, correct, delete or transfer your personal information or to restrict or object to our use of it. If you would like to discuss or exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by telephone on 0161 287 4141.
OMC Motor Group works closely with a number of third parties in order to operate effectively, to satisfy our contractual obligations in our terms of agreement with certain suppliers such as vehicle and parts manufacturers, acting in the manufacturers legitimate interests, to keep you informed of developments related to both your car and/or vehicle manufacturers; and to inform you of/supply you with our products and services.
We would only provide the minimal information that a third party requires to undertake their specific services and for the exact purposes we have contracted with them for.We have ongoing communication with our third parties to ensure that your personal information is valued and any changes in the circumstances of the third party are informed to us. We inform our third parties to remove your personal information when we believe that our legal basis is no longer applicable.
Our third parties include our close relationships with vehicle and parts manufacturers, such as Ford and Kia. Their Privacy Notices can be found below:Please click here for Ford
Please click here for Kia
Win a UEFA Europe League Match BallSimply answer the El trivia question on our Facebook p...
How it works:Here at OMC, we are fully confident in the quality of all our used vehicles with our th...
If the Vehicle is purchased at a distance within the meaning of The Consumer Contracts (Information...